The Joy of Mobile Photography-Austin
Use Your SmartPhone to Power-Up Your Creativity!
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Half-Day Hands-On Mobile Art Studio With a Pro
Saturday, January 24, 2015 from 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM in Austin, Texas
Enjoy creating notice-worthy images from your phone with a special Austin, Texas, workshop with Meri Walker, aka iPhoneArtGirl!
Maximum Enrollment: 20
What if the camera in your phone wasn't just a camera? What if you could learn to use your phone to simply and quickly:
- tell a meaningful visual story with a single image
- move past badly-lit snapshots and be able to share your unique perspective of the world
- visually describe the heart of your work, event, profession, or product
- create artwork that delights you and the people you love
On Saturday, January 24th, Meri Walker, aka iPhoneArtGirl - a veteran photographer and printmaker who makes museum-quality artwork using only her iPhone and iPad mobile devices - will offer trained and untrained would-be-mobile photographers and artists a hands-on half-day workshop. Hailing from Talent, Oregon, this month Meri is in Austin to work directly with clients and we have the opportunity to benefit from in-person learning with her.
You'll use a few simple, inexpensive smartphone apps that will free you from desktop photo editing and open a joyful path to creative self-expression anytime and anywhere you and your phone or tablet have a few minutes to spare.
Meri's 1/2-day workshop will guide you to:
- Create compelling images by teaching you, step-by-step, how to use your Android, iPhone, or tablet for the powerful digital camera it can become.
- Edit photos to turn them into visual stories - while sitting in a coffee shop or waiting in line. Go beyond Instagram filters.
- How you can - and why you need to - continue learning to delight yourself and the people you love by sharing your mobile artwork directly from your phone or tablet.
But only if you want more joy in your life!
Meri will demonstrate some of the best camera replacement apps, image editing apps, and sharing apps while participants practice hands-on, doing their own image capture and creative image editing - right on the spot.
What You Need To Bring To Class
To play, you'll need to bring your own iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (version 4 or higher) or a late-model Android smartphone and charging cord. Participants must also have their own iTunes/Google Play account and know how to use it to download 3 free apps which you will use during the workshop. (You may find you want to spend an additional $5-25 on apps you hear about during the workshop, but purchasing new apps will not be required for this session.)
Maximum Enrollment: 20
To Reserve Your Seat: Call or Text Class Coordinator, Katie Raver, at 512.699.7322 TODAY
Alternatively, you can use the form below to register and pay with PayPal.
As soon as we receive your reservation/registration, we'll email you directions to the location.
Cancellation: Tuition is non-refundable unless the class fills and someone new registers to take your spot.