In Australia, the school system is similar to the one in the USA and England. Yet, they seem to have more options than in France, USA, and England. For example the students can learn the Aboriginal languages.
SECONDARY SHCOOL EDUCATION :
- In most places of Australia the school system is :
- six years for the primary school.
- six years for the high school, from year 6 to year 12.
- In year 10 you have to take the school certificate and in year 12 you take the higher school certificate ( hsc )
- however, each state has its own school system, so the exams can be a little different depending on the state.
- The minister of school education is Christopher Pyne.
Australian school subjects :
- English, Mathematics, Creative Arts,History Geography, Technological, PDMPE : Personnel Development Health and Physical Education.
- Languages : french, latin, italian, russian
In the Australian school system you have special options that we don't have in France :
- Aboriginal Studies
- Agricultural Technology
- Design and Technology
- Food Technology
- Graphics Technology
- Industrial Technology
- Marine and Aquaculture Technology
- Photographic and Digital Media
- Textiles Technology
- Visual Arts
- Visual Design