Cracker! The Best Dog in Vietnam.
By: Cynthia Kadohata
I chose to do the book Cracker! The Best Dog in Vietnam. I chose it because I really like dogs, and I wanted to add the historical aspect in it as well.
1) Chicago 2) Battle fields of Vietnam This story mainly takes place in Vietnam during the Vietnam war
1) Willie: Cracker's original owner
2) Cracker: The Dog
3) Tristie: Cracker's friend in Vietnam
4) Bruno: Another friend of Cracker
5) Rick Hanski: The main human character that got paired up with Cracker.
6) Cody: Owner of Bruno and friends of Rick.
External: Man vs. Man: Willie vs. the man that tries to take Cracker: Willie doesn't want Cracker to leave so he keeps insisting for him to let Cracker go.
Willie is the owner of Cracker and they are almost inseparable. When someone tries to take Cracker because where they live doesn't accept pets it is on......Finally cracker gets to Vietnam and literally locks the people in a kennel. Then Rick comes along........
1. Funny- Cracker locks 3 men up in a kennel
2. Sad- Cracker gets taken from his best friend
3. Serious- They are in a war fighting
You never know how something will turn out, for the better or for the worse.
Why I liked the book??
I loved this book because it gets really deep, and I can kind of relate to how Willie feels.
What do I remember most?
I remember most when Cracker was finally about to leave and Willie came running home from school trying to save her from leaving.
Would I recommend this book? Why?
Yes, I would recommend this to anybody who likes books that are funny and sad at times. It was one of the best books I have ever read.