March 9-13 Concert Band
STATE ASSESSMENT WEEK
Announcements: Tuesday Pit Orchestra 2:30-4:00 Concert Band 5-8pm; Wednesday Cafe Night Auditions 2:30-4:30; Thursday Concert Band 2:30-5:00 Band Parent Meeting Thursday 6:00pm Band Council Members needed at the meeting $150 Deposit for New York City Due. Friday Report time is 4:00pm. Be sure to have eaten prior to coming. Ladies black pantyhoses and pearls. Gentlemen black socks and white undershirt.
1. Warm Up: Concert F and A Whole Notes One Octave; Half Note 2 octaves
2. Tongue Exercise eighth two sixteenth: Ta TiKa; TiKa Ta (Double tongue for Chimes of Liberty)
3. Sight-reading Tips Exercise (Discuss plan for sight-reading)
4. Londonderry Air Exercise (Check for intonation)
5. Chimes of Liberty measure 90-end (Dynamics, Style, Articulation, Balance)
6. Fantasy on an Irish Air measure 81-end (Legato vs. Staccato; Tempo Changes)
7. Moravian Dances measure 91-end (Tempo Changes)
8. Feedback on Pre-Assessment Concert
STUDENTS WILL BE ASSESSED ON PORTIONS OF THE MUSIC FOR THE CONCERT.