By: Bronwyn Canham
Bullying is not cool.
My definition: Someone who habitually is mean to someone smaller or weaker than them.
- Over 3.2 million students are bullied each year. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
- As boys age they are less and less likely to feel sympathy for victims of bullying.
- In fact they are more likely to add to the problem than solve it.
- Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school.
- Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.
Some people despise bullys.
How bullying happens.
- The bully feels more powerful or important, or they want to get their own way all the time.
- The bully is jealous of another child.
- The bully is unhappy.
- The bully is copying what they have seen others do before, or what has been done to them.
Symptoms or Signs of Bullying.
Bullying is thought to be the result of the bully's need to get and keep control over someone else. Contrary to the stereotype of the bully who is socially inept trying to make him or herself feel better, bullies have been found to have rather high self-esteem and to be social climbers. Child and adult bullies have a tendency to have low tolerance for frustration, trouble empathizing with others, and a tendency to view innocuous behaviors by their victims as being provocative.
People who help others who suffer through Bullying.
- Other Students
Why do kids feel the need to make fun of others?
Why important to know about bullying?
It is important to know about bullying because it effects peoples lives. Kids take there lives because of bullying. At one point in every ones life they have been bullied.