- What is the characterization or definition of your mental illness?
Schizophrenia, as defined by google: A brain disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. To put it in simpler terms, people with this disorder will experience things that didn't really happen. It also makes you less social, and emotionally withdrawn.
- How many people are affected by your mental illness?
About 3.5 million people in the United States have Schizophrenia.
- How can someone tell if they have your mental illness?
If they see or hear things that aren't really there, they may have schizophrenia.
- What treatments exist to treat your mental illness?
Anti-psychotic medication can prevent the weird visions schizophrenic people may have. However, there are not medications to fix schizophrenia completely.
- How can people get help for the treatment of your mental illness?
Visiting their doctor or a psychiatrist.
- What resources are available to help gain knowledge about your mental illness?
WebMD as well Schizophrenia.com are both great resources on Schizophrenia.