Reminders, Ideas, and Thoughts to Ponder...
Enjoy your Spring Break!!! Hoping for some sunshine!
As you enter into your week of well deserved time off, please take time for yourself, rest up and rejuvenate. When we return we will have roughly 5 days before 4th grade Writing and 5th grade Reading STAAR, 19 days until all of the other STAAR tests for 3rd-5th and the opening of the K-2 BAS windows for end of year levels. I ask you to so some thinking on how this time will best be used for your students. The kind of work we assign to students in these remaining days says a lot about what we really believe of our students. I challenge you to tap back into the relationships you have spent the year building with your students and use these to help bring you some peace and your students' some self confidence. This is a great time to capitalize on their strengths to firm those up. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Your students will never forget the way you make them feel.
We can do this!
1. The March 25th faculty meeting will be cancelled. 4th and 5th grade teachers, as well as small group test administrators, will have specific STAAR training with Jennifer (more details to come).
2. Please take time to nominate a deserving teacher for Ferguson's Teacher of the Year! All nominations are due Monday, Monday 23rd at 3:15 p.m. Click here for the nomination form.
3. Mark your calendars for a STAAR pep rally for our 3rd-5th graders on April 17th from 2:00-2:45 p.m. Teacher and staff- we welcome any skits, cheers, and inspiration you might be willing to bring to this rally to pump our kids! CCHS cheerleaders will again be joining us!
4. 5 Traits of Highly Effective Teachers! Check this out! Must read!
5. I feel this is a good time to remind ourselves of this quote: "The ones who remember the kids who need love the most, ask for it in the most unloving of ways, change lives."
Digital Citizenship Tip: One way that you can help keep your kids safe online is to use KID SAFE SEARCH ENGINES. Rather than using Google or Bing or Yahoo to search for information and images, bookmark one of these great kid-friendly search engines: Google Junior (www.googlejunior.com) Kids Click (www.kidsclick.org), or kidrex (www.kidrex.org). You can even change your browser’s home page to one of these sites.