Periodic Table Facts
-Atomic Number: 14.
-Atomic Symbol: Si.
-Atomic Mass: 28.09.
-Group, Period: G 14 P3.
Where Is It Found?
- It was first discovered in 1824 and is not produced.
- Jon Berzelius was the first one to discover Silicon.
3 Physical Characteristics
- Silicon Is A Metalloid.
- Silicon is a darkish gray.
- Silicon has a density of 2.329 g/cm3.
- Silicon's melting point is 3173 [2900 °C (5252 °F)] K.
Uses For Silicon
- Used in glass as silicon dioxide.
- It is used as a semiconductor to make microchips for electronics.
-Silicon is also used in solar cells, tools, cement, grease and oils.
Sources Used For Project
- "Periodic Table of Elements." : Silicon. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Dec. 2014. <http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/periodic/Si.html>.
- "When Were the Elements Discovered? (Timeline)." About. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2014. -- <http://chemistry .about.com/od/elementfacts/a/timeline-element-discovery.htm>.