The Catcher in the Rye
- Create at least three blog posts in which you reflect on three cultural assumptions presented to you through your Classic Text.
- You need to demonstrate your own, individual understanding of the culture and context of the novel.
- You will also need to explain how the author of your novel uses their story to question and challenge the cultural assumptions of their society.
- Be creative! Use images, links to YouTube and other media, diagrams, infographics, songs, articles and anything else you can think of to help you communicate your perspective on your classic novel.
- FYI: Reflective writing is evidence of reflective thinking. In an academic context, reflective thinking usually involves: 1 Looking back at something (often an event, i.e. something that happened, but it could also be an idea or object).
To give you a brief outline of how to be reflective in your writing, refer to the image below:
And, since I have posted this information using 'tackk' you have probably assumed that you are going to be using this site - you are correct!
If you have been doing your reading log, this should be a fairly simple task. All you will need to do is choose three things that you have identified and recorded in your reading log and then post them on your own blog.
You will be marked on your ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural assumptions presented in The Catcher in the Rye.
- Show an ability to comment constructively on another students work.
- Use correct language, punctuation and grammar suitable for audience.
- Compose a creative and engaging blog that communicates to a personal and individual response to a classic novel.