Lesson 3.3 SOLVING A ONE STEP VARIABLE EQUAtION
The student will be able to solve a one step variable equation
- x + 3 = 14 What does x represent? How did you figure it out?
- y/12 = 3 What does y represent? How did you figure it out?
Equations: a full number sentence; it must be balanced (like a see-saw).
Solving for x= finding what x is going to be
Inverse Operations= operations that undo each other
- subtraction & addition are inverse operations of each other
- multiplication & division are inverse operations of each other
Click on A LESSON FROM THOM to wach the following videos and be shure to take notes! :D
- Solving One Step Equations Using Addition & Subtraction
- Solving One Step Equations Using Multiplication & Division