College and Career
6 Period English 1
University of Texas Austin
I chose this university because Kevin Durant one of the greats of the NBA went here. DJ Augustin, LaMarcus Aldridge, and T.J Ford went there too. There basketball team is decent right now too that is why i want to go there.
UT was founded 1883. In 1996 UT had a shooting spree.The shooter was Charles Whitman he was 25 years old.He stayed on top of the observation deck to shoot at students for 96 minutes. In 2008 they where ranked 5th in all division 1 schools. They have won 50 national championships and 46 NCAA champion ships
- Two essays
Application processing fee (non-refundable)
- $75 ($90 for international applicants)
- Waiver info: Application Fee Waiver Eligibility
High school transcript
- Include your class rank and size
- Details: Transcripts
Supplemental Information Form
HS coursework requirements
- Meet the high school coursework requirements
- Exemptions available
- Official SAT Reasoning or ACT + writing scores
- Details: Testing & Test Scores
- Additional items needed for admission consideration to specified majors
- Details delivered through MyStatus after submitting ApplyTexas app
- Expanded Resume
- International students who qualify for Texas residency: Residency Affidavit
- Home-schooled students: Additional items that reflect academic potential (such as SAT Subject Test scores or dual credit coursework)
(application review continues without these items, but submission may benefit the applicant)
Additional requirements (if applicable)
- Permanent residents: Copy of front of permanent resident card (application not reviewed until card arrives)
- Official college transcripts: Showing credit earned while in high school, if any (dual credit and early college credit, for example) (See "Reporting College Coursework" below.)
(considered if submitted)
Spend just a minute on our campus and you'll quickly see how The University of Texas at Austin is an immense and beautiful world all its own. And with our dozens of museums, libraries, centers, institutes and special venues spread across the campus and the city, each with its own unique exhibits and programming, you'll never be bored. Designed to enhance the experience of not just current students, faculty, and staff but also community members and visitors from around the world, our many campus destinations will educate, delight and amaze.
Why I picked basketball as my career
I picked it because of my love for basketball.
Non-superstars have it great in the NBA. With the average salary of all NBA players $5.15 million (2011), and the maximum salary at $20 million, there is a clear disparity between the superstars and the average players, but it is not proportional to their value to their team. The superstars fill the seats, help sell the most merchandise, and bring in the TV advertising money for the league.
The average rotational player logs around 15 minutes per game, while the superstars log over 30, and occasionally over 40 minutes per game. The wear and tear the superstars face is much more strenuous than it is for average players.
Average Basketball players make 24.7 Million in his career. But the salary per year would be 5.2 million.
- Maintain physical fitness through weightlifting, running, and other activities
- Practice their sport in drills, scrimmages, and exhibition games
- Mentally prepare for competitions
- Compete in games or matches
- Receive treatment for injuries or strains if necessary
1. High School
2. 2-years in college or technical training
3. 4-Years in college or university
Letter of intent
Ke'Shaun M.J Cartwright
3080 Coyote View PL.
El Paso, TX, 79938
May 14, 2015
12704 East Montana-, East of Joe Battle Ave
El Paso, TX 79938
Dear Mr. Vivo,
I am responding to the employment opportunity listed on your websites. Please accept this letter and accompanying resume as evidence of my interest in applying for this job. I feel my ability to work well with others like with my football and basketball team will be a good contribution to your organization. I am looking for an honored job that will add experience to my building career as a professional basketball player by helping me work with others. Here are some of my key strengths that I could bring to the position. One of my key strength is that I am an excellent communicator. This one time I got a long with a lot of kids when I was new to the school. I am confidence that this quality will make me a pretty well rounded candidate.
I would appreciate your consideration of my credentials, and I welcome the chance to meet with you to hear more about your company, the requirements of the position, and how my skills would be a good fit.
Thank you in advance for your consideration
Ke’Shaun M.J Cartwright
My goal is to find a job the will help me learn new skills like multitasking.
July 2014 - May 2018
El Dorado 9th Grade Academy/ Pebble Hills High School
El Paso, Texas
» ran and jumped for the Track and Field team. Also playing spring football.
Aug. 2013 - May 2014
Puentes Middle School
El Paso, Texas
» Played football,basketball, soccer, ran track ,and was a part of the band
Aug. 2012 - May 2014
Sunridge Middle School
El Paso, Texas
» Played football and was a part of the band.
Aug. 2011 - May 2012
Ross Middle School
El Paso, Texas
» Was in the band played trumpet
Awards & Certificates
» Paw of Pride (Apr. 2014)
Hobbies & Interests
Skills & Abilities
» Good communicator
» High energy
» Team player
1. The Austin American-Stateman 8 Apr. 2015. Student Resources in Context. Web. 13
2. Business insiders. N.p., 10 Oct. 2013. Web. 26 Apr. 2015.
3. "Large university -of- Texas Seal rgb." Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia. N.p.,
17 Apr. 2015. Web. 21 Apr. 2015
4. "Longhorn_Basketball." kut. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2015. <http://kut.org/
5. Quora.com. N.p., 12 June 2012. Web. 27 Apr. 2015. <http://www.quora.com/
6. "Texas Longhorns." rantsports. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2015.
7. UT Austin. Youtube. N.p., 16 Nov. 2008. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
8. "UT_Basketball." stylemagazine. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2015.
9. utexas.edu. N.p., 24 Nov. 2014. Web. 24 Apr. 2015.
10. www.npr.org. N.p., 16 Apr. 2007. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http://www.npr.org/
11. www.Utexans.edu. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2015. <https://www.utexas.edu/
12. careercruising.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Apr. 2015.