Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Alex I.
Elvis Presley was born on January 8th, 1935 in East Tupelo, Mississippi and died August 16th, 1977.
Significant Events in History that Affected Elvis's Life
- The Great Depression
- World War II
Elvis was born with a twin brother that passed away, because Glady, his mom wasn't able to have any more kids. Vernon Elvis's dad went to jail for 8 months, and through out his childhood he was struggling with money, while he grew up in a two room house in East Tupelo, Mississippi.
People Who Influenced Elvis's Life
- Vernon (Elvis's dad)- Gave a speech about how even though they didn't have a lot of money they still pulled through, which taught Elvis to keep on trying.
- Felton Jarvis (his Record Producer)- he helped elvis live out what he had always dreamed of becoming and hes what made him successful.
- Priscilla Presley ( Elvis's wife)- She supported him through everything and was always there for him.
- Elvis's dad got married when he was 17 to Glady who was 21.
- Elvis had a twin brother.
- Elvis served in the Army after he was already famous.
- He became an over night sensation by making his mother a demo.
- He was known for moving his legs while he sings.
- he was known as the King of Rock and Roll.
- He was the first real star.
- He was a teen idol and role model.
- He earned fifty-two million dollars as a dead celebrity.
- Starred in 33 films and was always on talk shows, radio, t.v sitcoms, or shows
The theme of Elvis's life was..
Elvis Presley never gave up, no matter what he always kept on trying to become what he always wanted to be. To live out his dream no matter what was going on in his life.
Words of advice and what he has taught me..
- " Poor we were, I'll never deny that," Vernon said "But trash we weren't. We never had any prejudice. We never put anyone down." (pg.31)
- "Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for time, but it ain't goin' away." Elvis said.
I never relized before reading this biography and watching the videos and all this stuff I learned here taught me something that i never thought would have such an impact on me. He taught me to never give up on your dream.