THE QUEST OF GOING WEST
Miles Younger 7th period history
(1) George Washington was our first president in 1789 and John Adams was our 2nd president of the united stated in 1796. They were both a major impacts on america
(2) The XYZ affair was a indecent between the french diplomats and the united states witch led to a war. The Alien and Sedition act allowed the president to kick out any non Americans that could be a possible threat.
(3) Thomas Jefferson was an American Founding Father, and our 3rd president of the united states. He made the Louisiana Purchase.
(4) The Louisiana purchase was a deal with the united states and and France for land in 1803. Lewis and Clark were sent to do this purchase and this act was known as the Lewis and Clark expedition.
(5) The war of 1812 was very explicit many were killed and the was lasted over 2 years it was between a numerous amount of countries.
(6) the industrial revolution was a major thing back then. it made work easier for lots of people but a major invention was Eli Whitney cotton gin it was very popular.
(7) Andrew Jackson wanted more room for factories and other items that could help american citizens but he had the take the land from the Native Americans. many argued with his decision.
(8) There were many trails because the manifest destiny there were trials names the Oregon trail, the Santa Fe trail and the Mormon trail.
(9) There were many disagreements with Texans and Mexican-Americans there soon was a war that hurt the Alamo.
(10) the gold rush was a very popular thing in 1849 people went to California to take a rink and find gold hoping they will get rich.
George Washington was elected president in (1789) he stayed in office until 1797 soon after he made his farewell address he said he wanted to live a normal life.
The cotton gin was created in (1793)
The XYZ affair began in (1797) and did not end till 1798
Thomas Jefferson was elected president in (1801)
in (1803) there was a major purchase and and there was 2 people that made a major impact on this named Lewis and Clark.
The war started in (1812)
In (1830) Andrew Jackson signed a Indian removal act into the law.
the Oregon was established in (1836)
the Mexican american was was in (1848)
in (1849) there was gold that everyone was after so people left and went to find gold.
George Washington was a very smart man. He was elected president on April 30th 1989. He showed america right from wrong during his time as president. Many say he was the best president we have ever had. Some advice he gave was to stay out of foreign conflicts because it would be best for our country. But yet we did not listen. He was a man that changed the united states of america. He was such a inspiration many wanted him to be the king but he wanted to live a normal life with his family. George Washington led the U.S into war many times. Washington decided to leave office in 1797. When he was very much missed.
the gold rush
The gold rush was a huge thing in 1848. It was in California with the blistering heat but some say that's where dreams come true. Many went to take a rink and become rich by mining for gold. Families were put aside for the better but sometimes things don't go good and some men never make it home. Thousands went to the gold rush and very few made it back. It was very hard for women to keep up with the mining because of there lack of strength and stamina. there was a very low percentage who actually found gold. Not all people went and left for a short period of time. Some packed up there whole life and left. below These are men a women that have been looking for gold for a while. Only one of the innocent people in this picture made it home.
We all ask ourselves why do bad things happen to good people. This was a time where we all asked ourselves that. We many never know the answer but we know that now you should live each day to the fullest. Sheldon Shelter was a very good man. He was always an uplifting person and did everything for the good. He did everything he could for his family. He helped them have a wonderful life if it was the last thing he did. Sheldon went to California to provide for his family. He went to gold mine and become rich. He tried to hard to do this for his family but on his way home he had a tragic death. He wrote a letter before his death about all that happened when he was in California. He loved his young son so much and his wife. We all miss him so much. Sheldon Shufelt (1839-1901)
cheese cake was a popular item that's eaten in the 1800s. Directions
- Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well. Spoon over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until filling is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add jelly and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until jelly is melted and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur and food coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1) Gorge Washington was our 1st president
2) 2 armies were in the Mexican-american and Texan war
3) 3 trails are the Oregon trail, the Mormon trail and the Santa Fe Trail
4) 4 major people and thing of the Lewis and Clark expedition is Lewis,Clark,Sacajawea and native american tribes
5) 5 states in the manifest dynasty are Utah California Texas New Mexico and Oregon
6) It took six months for news of the treaty of Ghent to reach the states.
7) the Oregon trail went through 7 states
8) George Washington was president for 8 years
12) The Alamo fell after 12 days of fighting.
9)William Henry Harrison was elected our ninth president.
Above is a map that the men and women traveled to go to Oregon a make a living because things were cheaper. Many people were attracted to there fertilized soil. It took weeks to get to Oregon from where these people were coming. Many traveled in Schooner wagons. These were like karts that looked like boats mainly cows pulled them to there destinations. The Oregon trail was 2200 miles long. This trail was a life changer to people.Some made a better life for themselves and some did not. It was just a risk they had to take. This was one of the most popular things during the manifest dynasty. The Oregon trail is one of Oregon's most memorable time because of how they got populated so quickly