with Ranger Rightway
Renewal Conference 2014
Theme: Choosing God’s Way
We're going camping with Ranger Rightway! You can recognize Ranger Rightway by his ‘Booney Hat’, his walking stick, trail guide, and hiking boots. And he carries a backpack full of camping gear and tools. We are in good hands, because he is an expert at choosing God’s way, but sometimes he is less successful with all the camping tools he carries in his backpack. If only he knew what to do with all that gear! But he also carries his most important guide, his Bible, and he does know what to do with that! Hopefully, the kids can help him learn to use his camping tools, and he will teach them some tools for making wise choices.
Objective: The children will learn to choose God’s way (The 'Wise Way' Choice) rather than choosing the way of the world (The 'My Way' Choice).
Strategy: Each day Ranger Rightway will teach about a discipleship tool that will help kids make wise, godly choices.
- Monday: The Gospel. God loves us so much that He sent His son Jesus to save us. That's why we want to follow His ways and make the Wise Way choice!
- Tuesday: The Bible. Lots of obstacles can try to keep us from following God's way, but God’s word teaches us how to make the Wise Way Choice.
- Wednesday: Family/Friends/Fellowship. We need each other! Our parents teach us Wise Way Choices, and we show our love by serving each other.
- Thursday a.m.: Prayer. God wants us to hear from us! Let’s P.R.A.Y. (Praise, Repent, pray for All others and Yourself.) Oh, and be careful not to YARP! That's not the Wise Way!
- Thursday p.m.: The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit helps us see things in new ways. He wants to show us the Wise Way choice, and He always points the way to Jesus!
Making it Stick: Using stories, games, worship songs, and a few other challenges during the week, kids will practice choosing between the Wise Way choice or the My Way Choice and talk about why it is good to stay on God’s path.
Bible Verse for the Week: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you. Jeremiah 7:23