INSTONE KELLER WISE
WHY WE'RE HERE
PETA is a SINGLE- ISSUE INTEREST GROUP whose purpose is to protect animal rights. To accomplish our goal, we focus on four major areas with major problems: factory farming, fur farming, animal testing, and animals in entertainment. In addition, we are against the consumption of meat, fishing, hunting, and animal fighting.
WHO WE REACH
We have over three million animal rights activists in membership across the globe. We are the largest animal rights group in the world and are continuing to gain popularity.
WHERE WE ARE
PETA headquarters is located in Norfolk Virginia...
...but we help protect the safety of animals all over the world.
WHY WE CARE
PETA's purpose is to better the treatment of animals around the globe through dealing with the ethical treatment of animals in factories, experiments, clothing, and entertainment. Our Action Team is a group of voluntary members who want to spread the word of PETA's mission, get connected to others with similar passions for the preservation of animals, and raise awareness of localized issues concerning PETA's main focus.
HOW WE OPERATE
We have four main departments which are responsible for carrying out different aspects of PETA's mission.
1) International Grassroots Campaign Department: Our group that focuses on OUTSIDE LOBBYING in order to organize protests against organizations that exploit animals.
2) Interactive Media Group: They develop, design, and maintain websites, BLOGS, and ADVERTORIALS in order to inform the public about our cause.
3) Major Gifts Department: This POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE works with PATRONS to ensure the success of each department in their endeavor to fulfill PETA's purpose.
4) Cruelty Investigations Department: Investigate situations involving the mistreatment of animals and assist in the persecution of abusers.
WHAT WE ADDRESS
Have you been paying attention so far?... I think you know.
Since 1980, our endless pursuit of a world free of animal cruelty has resulted in a large amount of success stories and an even larger amount of saved lives. Here are just a few examples:
1. Our campaign against the US government's high-production volume chemical testing program saved over 800,000 animals from being victims of chemical testing.
2. We won our fight against a plant-based sweetener being tested on animals.
3. We were able to stop the EPA from allowing air fresheners to be required to be tested on animals.
4. By working with major fast-food corporations such as McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's, the lives of millions of factory-farmed animals have been improved through animal welfare advancements.
5. Many high-end designers like Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein have agreed to stop using animal fur in their designs, do to the hard work of our members.
6. Our media campaigns against companies have ceased animal testing within companies like Pom Wonderful, Lipton Tea, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola.
7. Countless cruelty investigations have been led on our behalf, which has saved countless animal lives.
Does our purpose speak to you? Do you want the PURPOSIVE BENEFITS of saving the lives of those that cannot save themselves? Then join our PETA Action Team! By joining the Action Team, you will have access to any and all resources that you may need to combat issues in your area. Tips and tricks on how to use your voice to help animals will be sent right to you through MATERIAL BENEFITS such as DVDs, leaflets, and pamphlets. We will notify you of any protests going on in your area, and even ask you for help on special cases. If you want to write a letter to get published in order to bring attention to a local problem, we can help you with that, too. Everyone here is just as passionate about animals as you are, and this SOLIDARY BENEFIT will help you immensely when you join our team. In addition, as an Action Team member you will be put in direct contact with one of our Action Team Coordinators who will help you every step of the way in your fight for animal justice. With you by our side, our team will have an even greater chance at GAINING ACCESS to politicians to further advance the welfare of animals.
We need you; they need you. Be their voice. Be their hero. Be their angel.