Kevin Seawright - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Kevin Seawright is a financial & administrative operations leader known for his strategic vision and ability to achieve business goals and command new opportunities. For over 13 years, Kevin has used his financial expertise to better communities on the East Coast. He presents a unique blend of business acumen, team inclusion, financial private sector and governmental operations, and outcome efficiency. Currently Kevin serves as Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Newark Economic Development Corporation. In his career Kevin has reformulated business strategies that has built responsive Accounting/Finance divisions (payables, receivables, collections, and payroll) that consistently delivers results by aligning technological initiatives with current organizational and economic goals. Kevin has also transformed revenue planning corporate processes that have effectively worked across the board for general contractors and sub-contractors throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Kevin’s career accomplishments include revenue enhancements that have helped the forecasting of annual returns increase by 25%, with goods and services rendered. In addition he has solidified Human Capital Divisions improving staff retention, enhancing recruitment efforts, collective bargaining, compensation adjustments, negotiations and change management. These processes have improved standardization, service delivery to customers, and enhanced company performance.
Kevin’s previous endeavors include over 13 years in Executive –level finance, human resources, and capital operational management, and he has been responsible for over $400M in city, state, federal, capital, private and bond funds during his career. Kevin has been responsible for over 600M in capital construction educational facilities projects during his career. Kevin has served as Budget Manager, Managing Fiscal Officer, Payroll Director, Finance Director, Chief of Financial & Construction Projects, and Deputy Chief Operating Officer Facilities, and Executive Director of Operations, during his career. He has assembled a reputation as an efficient Director/business leader with an aptitude for immediately establishing a great rapport with staff, cross functional managers, clients, leaders, and constituents. Kevin has used the following fundamentals as a guide to success throughout his career:
- Promote efficiency and reliability in Accounting, Facilities Management, Human Capital, Finance, Vendor/Contract Negotiations, Operations, Change management, and union negotiations
- Remain a successful team player and share team building skills including the understanding of goals, strategic planning and profitability
- Continually enhance proficiency with information technology and other related tools to heighten statistical reporting capabilities
- Develop long term strategic planning
- Approach situations with maturity and honesty and view challenges as opportunities
- Obtain knowledge of general local, state, and federal funding
- Develop, manage, and lead productive and aggressive teams
- Foster positive relationships with city, state and neighborhood associations
- Demonstrate progression through statistics and accountability standards
Kevin has been selected as the Met Life recipient of the Bridges to the Future award in 2010 for operational and finance professionals. He has also received numerous awards for financial responsiveness while serving municipalities for outstanding service, professionalism, and thinking outside of the proverbial box in tight economic times. Kevin is an MBA, and he is currently attending Notre Dame Mendoza School of Business for Executive Leadership. Kevin acted as an advisory board member for the Babe Ruth Museum and a coach for local youth sports teams. He has been a member of the American Society for Public Administration, the National Forum for Black Public Administrators, and the National Association of Black Accountants. You can find Kevin Seawright on LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Twitter.