Bus Drivers... The real MVP
Bus drivers operate motor vehicles that move people from one place to another!
To work as a bus driver, you typically need to:
- have a high school diploma or GED;
- complete moderate-term, on-the-job training;
- have a good driving record; and
- have a commercial driver's license.
In a typical work setting, bus drivers:
- Have a high level of social interaction with riders.
- Often wear a uniform.
- Must be accurate on the job. This is very important so that bus drivers maintain schedules and safety.
- Usually work a five-day work week, if a local bus driver. This may include weekends.
The number of jobs for bus drivers in Oregon is expected to grow about as fast as the average for all occupations through the year 2022.
The average salary range for a Bus Driver is $38,540 per year.