By Maddy Hessel
Night terrors (sleep terrors) are a sleep disorder in which a person quickly wakes from sleep in a terrified state
What causes this disorder?
- Sleep deprivation
- Restless leg syndrome
- Lights or noise
- Fever (children)
- Some head injectors
How do you diagnosed this disorder?
A sleep study could reveal this disorder and many others.
Treatments for this disorder?
There are no treatments at this time for night terrors. Usually a child will out grow this disorder.
- A person is not suppose to wake the other person that is having an episode.
- This disorder happens when a person is in the 4th stage of sleep.
- For children, night terrors usually decrease by the time they are teenagers.
- Night terrors are not dreams but more or less a sudden reaction of fear from one sleep stage to another.
- People have no memory or recollection of this event happening.
One fun fact
I use to have night terrors every night when i was little and then slowly grew out of them.