10 Awesome Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
Are you looking for some effective, inexpensive ways to get your small business noticed? You don’t need to spend a fortune for a Madison Avenue ad firm to design a winning marketing campaign – with a little imagination, hard work, and these 10 awesome marketing tips for small businesses, you can position your company front and center in customers’ minds and generate the sales your small business needs to succeed!
- Create a mobile-friendly website60% of small businesses with a website say it’s their most effective marketing tool. A dynamic, responsive website design creates a strong online presence for your small business, gives new customers a way to find your business, and gives you a positive outlet to introduce your company to potential customers.
- Write a weekly blogCreating a company blog will gain you a number of valuable marketing benefits. A blog gives you an outlet to inform and interact with your customers, it helps to raise your website search ranking, and it provides you with a great way to attract new customers.
- Build relationships within your local communityTake a look at your local community – you’ll find tons of opportunities to become an active participant in neighborhood events. Try sponsoring a local Little League team or a 5k Charity Run; donating food or services to the local homeless shelter; or helping to arrange a weekend Open Air Art Fair. The time you spend working alongside community members will create more goodwill for your company than the most expensive marketing campaign could ever buy.
- Engage in online and offline networking to build relationshipsNetworking is one of the best ways to build your small business. Join local business associations and attend networking events to forge strong personal one-on-one relationships to gain a network of support for your business efforts that can’t be beat. Engage your online networking skills and actively participate in online groups and forums, answer questions in your field of expertise, and share your wealth of knowledge with the online community. Take the time to follow up with non-marketing emails and posts to form long-lasting personal relationships that are the biggest boon to small businesses.
- Host seminars and workshopsHosting seminars is a great way to introduce new customers to your small business. the community while you build the authority of your small business. Invite other speakers from related industries and create day-long workshops for the greatest marketing impact. Charging a reasonable fee will cause participants to value the program (and your business) more.
- Collect online referrals and positive reviewsOnline referrals and positive reviews are some of the best ways to attract new customers to your small business. Your satisfied customers will be glad to write a glowing referral, so don’t be shy about asking them to leave a good word on the review sites that pertain to your small business (Yelp!, Angie’s List, Zagat, Urbanspoon, etc.).
- Create cross-promotions with other small businessesJoin with non-competing small businesses in your local area to create cross-promotions and joint short term promotions. These cross-promotions can be extremely profitable for the businesses involved, as they introduce your products/services to a new set of customers while giving your existing customers an opportunity for an added value experience.
- Use social media to engage with your customersSocial media marketing for small businesses gives you an effective way to build a loyal customer following - plus, it’s fun, fast, and free! Run your marketing campaign on several platforms at once for the greatest impact, with specials and contests on Facebook, customer photo contests on Instagram, and snappy, funny tweets to keep in touch with customers throughout the day.
- Use targeted email newslettersKeep in touch with current customers using a targeted email newsletter. Separate your email contacts into interest groups, then send out targeted email newsletters at least once a month that contain engaging content relevant to their interests, along with a coupons, discounts, and other promotions.
- Hold “Customer Appreciation Day” eventsHold an annual or biannual Customer Appreciation Day to thank your customers for their patronage. Make it a big, showy affair complete with food, prizes, special discounts, and entertainment, in the form of motivational or industry speakers. Get the maximum publicity boost from the event by sending out a special email invitation to your mailing list, and post open invites on your social media platforms. Video tape the speakers and the Q & A sessions after their talks and feature the videos on your YouTube channel to keep the marketing magic going.
For help implementing these small business marketing tips, turn to the marketing team at Blue Interactive Agency. We specialize in creating comprehensive marketing strategies that incorporate responsive website design for small businesses as well as social media marketing, web marketing, and much more to ensure your company’s success.
Contact us at Blue Interactive Agency today at 954-779-2801 for more awesome small business marketing tips and other marketing strategies to help ensure your company’s success!