Neon per gram cost $2.00
- used in making neon advertising signs, which accounts for its largest use
- used to make high-voltage indicators, lightning arrestors, wave meter tubes, and TV tubes
- neon is also used with helium in making gas lasers
- liquid neon is an economical cryogenic refrigerant. It has over 40 times more refrigerating capacity per unit volume than liquid helium and more than three times that of liquid hydrogen. It is compact, inert, and less expensive than helium when it meets refrigeration requirements
WHO FOUNDED NEON
- Neon was discovered by Sir William Ramsay, a Scottish chemist, and Morris M. Travers, an English chemist, shortly after their discovery of the element krypton in 1898. Like krypton, neon was discovered through the study of liquefied air. Although neon is the fourth most abundant element in the universe , only 0.0018% of the earth's atmosphere is neon.
If you really wanna make it glow. Electrified Neon is the way to go!