8th Grade Health
Pat Benner Period 4
Three things i learned about the endocrine system is:
1. Your endocrine system is responsible for the fast growth you experience during your teen years.
2.The endocrine system is a chemical communication system that controls many body functions.
3. The endocrine system is made up of glands located throughout the body.
male reproductive system
1. Urethra- tube that carries urine and sperm to the out side of the body.
2. epidermis- located behind each testicle a network of test tubes in which the sperm mature and stored temporarily
3. penis- The external sexual organ.
Female reproductive system:
1. ovaries- contain the ova, or eggs and produce hormones.
2. Fallopian tubes- carry eggs from the ovaries to the uterus.
3. vagina- muscular passageway from the uterus to the out side of the body.
Menstruation cycle- during puberty, egg cells mature and are released by the overies in a a process called ovulation.
menstruation- when the lining material, the unfertilized egg, and some blood flow out of the body .
menstruation usually lasts from 5 to 7 days and happens about every 28 days.
1. fertilization- when the sperm fertilizes the egg.
2. Amniotic sac- a fluid fluid filled sac that surrounds the embryo.
3. fetus- a developing baby from the end of eighth week after fertilization until birth.
1. The first stage of labor last around 12 hours or longer this is when your water breaks.
2. The second stage of labor is when the cervix is fully dilated and the the mother pushes the baby's head through the cervix and into the vagina.This stage generally last from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Third stage of labor is the final stage of labor lasts about 20 minutes. contractions separate the placenta or afterbirth from the uterine wall and expel the placenta from the uterus and out of the body through the vagina.
1 chelmidia - is the leading std that people have in the us
2 std can be spread from sexual contact.
3. they cant spread threw mosquito bites.
1 aids- a deadly disease that interferes with the body's natural ability to fight infection.
2. HIV- HIV is the virus that causes aids.
3 abstinence staying clear of any sexual contact.