Biography project for Mrs.Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class made by Braxton M.
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington and is still living today.
Significant events that affected Bill Gates life
- The creation of IBM, a major tech company based on building computer components
- World War 2
As a child Bill loved technology, school, and even being a boy scout. Bill grew up with a well off family due to the fact that Bill's mothers grandfather founded the national bank of Seattle leaving the family with very large amounts of money. In his early days Bill attended a private school and met friends there that would eventually work with him at his own company, Microsoft.
People who influenced Bills life
- Bills mother, Mary Maxwell Gates, taught Bill to be a successful man through many school, social, and community events.
- Libby Gates, Bills sister, taught bill how to be a strong competitor in his life by challenging him at many activity's like sports and card games.
- Made putting personal computers in everyone's home a possibility
- Started the major tech company, Microsoft
- Started his own foundation with his wife, the Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation
- Set a precedent for developing company CEO's
- Received a college degree from Harvard
- developed Windows, a major operating system
The theme of Bills life was...
Bill Gates showed us that in order to be successful we must work together, work hard, and to always strive for excellence.
What Bill Gates has taught me...
Before reading this biography I did not realize that sometimes we have to be strict to our friends and coworkers in order to do things right. Bill is a inspiration to many people including me due to how successful he was and how he followed his dreams. I hope that I will be able to accomplish my goals in life just as Bill Gates did.
"A Few Thoughts About TEACH." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWD6kQ-twKY>.
Aronson, Marc. Bill Gates: A Twentieth-century Life. New York, NY: Viking, 2009. Print.
"Bill Gates and China in Discussions over New Nuclear Reactor."Theguardian. N.p., n.d. Web. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fenvironment%2F2011%2Fdec%2F07%2Fbill-gates-china-nuclear-reactor>.
"Bill Gates Speech at Harvard (part 1)." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5VIhbJwFs>.
"Interview with Bill Gates." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfbnE4Q7U5A>.
"Sharing Ideas with Future Scientists." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gKHmVQsOo>.
"We Can Eradicate Malaria-Within a Generation." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2015. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgXtD9QOwM>.