Omaha Zoo Trip Team 7.3
May 1st 2014
By: preston seten
COOL animals at the zoo!!
seahorse Adaptations fish adaptations
1) Skin is like the coarl 1) have a back bone
2) small mouth to eat small animals 2) have fins to swim fast
3) Has a pouch to mature its baby's 3) hase a dorsal fin
4) eyes are on its side to see better 4) have a eye covering to see under water
5) have gills so they can breath under water 5) have a swim bladder
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Hippocampus COMMON NAME: Seahorse
Biome: Salt water Habitat/range:All seahorses are marine species, generally living among seagrass beds
tree frog adaptations amphibian adaptations
1) Has big eyes. 1) has a three chambered heart.
2) Skin is brightly colored like it's habitat. 2) has lungs.
3) can climb up trees. 3) tongue is attached to the front.
4) strong hinge legs. 4) bottom of the belly is light for camo.
5) is able to go under water and land. 5) can breath through it's skin.
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Hyla cinerea COMMON NAME: american green tree frog
Habitat/range:live tropical zones of North America, Asia, Africa and Australia.
Biome: Certain types of forests, but mainly in fresh water ponds and lakes and rivers
NATIVE SPECIES: american green tree forg
komodo dragon's adaptations reptile adaptations
1) has skin that holds in moisture 1) are cold blooded
2) eyes located on the side of the head 2) dry scaly skin
3) a body that absorbs energy from the sun 3) color= camo
4) can go around about 10 ft c 4) a tail for a weapon or balance 5) there predictors 5) hibernate during the winter
Biome: open , savanna, and tropical forest at low elevations.
Habitat: Indonesian Islands
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Varanus komodoensis COMMON NAME: komodo dragon
Blue macaw adaptations bird adaptations
1) its feathers are bright like its habitat 1) can fly
2) beak is adapted to its diet 2) Great eye site
3) has strong claws to grab prey 3) have two lungs
4) use there tail to stay balanced in trees 4) have a back bone
5) have a slow wing beet so there not seen 5) has a syrinx
SCIENTIFIC NAME: ara ararauna COMMON NAME: Blue macaw
Biome: rain forest Habitat/range: southern mexico
amur leopord adaptations mammal adaptations
1) is very fast 1) has a four chambered heart
2) has a powerful jaw 2) has a back bone
3) has two lungs 3) has good ears
4) has fur 4) very intelligent
5) endothermic 5)have a Diaphram
SCIENTIFIC NAME:Panthera pardus orientalis COMMON NAME: amur loepord Habitat/range: northeastern china Biome: cold parts of antartica
Endangered Animal: amur leopord