Diagnosed with Ebola

Diagnosed with Ebola  


I feel, bad. Not mentally, but physically. I can't do anything but lay where I am and listen to my children play outside. I cant sleep, im in to much pain. All I can do is groan and roll over again.

“Momma!” My children call from outside. I heav myself out of my bed and unsteady walk outside.

In the distance dust blew underneath the rubber tires and causing our sights to be blinded. Concentrating on the dust cloud, a black truck roared in appearance. Grabbing tightly to my children's hands, we step slowly backwards.

“Don’t flee!” a man calls. I hesitate and watch him step out the car.

“Im here to help.” He comes close, but only close enough for me to hear his voice.

“Are any of you sick? or ill?” The man says. “Im here to make you better.” I believe the man. Why else would he come this far?

“Me.” I step forward. The man hesitates back, but then stands his ground.

“What is wrong?” I think for a second

“Im weak, hot and I cant breath correctly.” The man nods his head.

“Tell your children goodbye, you're coming with me.” He opens the back of the truck and waits.

I kneel down to my children. “Nani your in charge, ill be back soon.” I lean in to kiss them but right before I can the man yells “No! Dont touch the children!” I pull back quickly and follow he man.

                                                         HELPING HAND

As I watch the hearse pull up in the dirt way, making brown dust go everywhere. I slowly see the driver open the door and open the trunk. It was a husband and wife that was very ill. They climbed out the back of the hearse to be escorted the front of the A Doctors Without Borders hospital. As one of our employees ask questions to the victims about their symptoms, we find a place to sit them at for the time-being. The husband started to vomiting in his hands, as the health workers tried to rush over to help him he already emptied his hands on the ground. As we gave the victims areas to stay at; we gave them medicine to keep them hydrated to keep them from vomiting.

Around noon, victims were still sick and feeling drowsy. Many people were praying for better days and to feel better so they go back with their families. We check up on them to see how their feeling; some didn’t answer back and others said they were feeling better. Some people didn’t make it and we had to cover them with white bags to carry them to the mortuary. Our burial workers helped us make the grave for them, so they can be buried with others who didn’t make it as well. This job is very terrifying and dangerous, but when you're this dedicated you can’t stop now.

Comment Stream