The Oil Spill
1. What is the total area of the spill in miles?
The total area of the oil spill in miles is 20,482.75 M squared
2. How did you approach the problem?
I approached the problem by taking all the shapes that I created in the area, measuring the area of all of the shapes and adding all the areas together.
3. Do you think your area is an exact measurement of the affected space of the oil space?
I think my area is not an exact measurement of the affected space of the oil space because it is most impossible to have something perfect or exact.
4. How accurate is your polygon compared to the actual spill?
My polygon is very close compared to the actual spill because I got as close as I could to the exact answers
5. Do you expect your answer to be more or less than the real area?
I expect my answer to be more than the real area because it is a big number even for a oil spill but, I wouldn't know.