Obesity Lead to Diabetes
5 Facts You May Not Know About Obesity:
- There are 2 main types of diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2).
- Most obese people develop Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes is when the body makes enough insulin but the cells in the body have become more resistant to the salutary.
- Being overweight stresses the insides of individual cells.
- Overeating stresses membranous network inside of cells called endoplasmic reticulum (ER).
Statics: 29.1 million people in the United States have some type of diabetes. 8.1 million people also have diabetes but are unaware that they have it.
Title: "Why Does Obesity Cause Diabetes?"
Year Published: 2004
Produced by: Barbara K. Hecht, Ph. D. and Fredrick Hecht, M. D.