1. The event/issue is Donald Sterling (soon to be former owner of the LA Clippers) making racist comments.
2. Donald Sterling is in this cartoon.
3. The pointed hat and the white robes represent the Koo Klux Klan. The two people standing next to Sterling represent players on the Clippers.
4. The cartoonist's opinion is that the players on the Clippers are bigger men than Sterling is.
5. I agree with the cartoonist, because they still played in their game, even though their owner made derogatory comments about black people, and there are many black people that play in professional basketball, some of whom are on the Clippers.