WOMS Tech Times
Library Media Center and Technology News
Upcoming Technology Thursday:
January 8th -- TexQuest, Discovery Ed, BrainPop, WorldBook Online
January 15th -- AutoCrat (This will change your life!)
January 22nd -- Plickers
January 29th -- Kaizena
Discovery Education (formerly United Streaming) has been updated over the last few years and is now has much more content that previously available. If you don't have an account, see me for the passcode to join (or come on January 8th)!!
Ms. Smith teaching some of our library aides learning a little about the inner workings of a Chromebook!
School Library Journal names 2014 Cool Tools -- How many are you familiar with???
- Google Classroom
- Otus (an alternative to Google Classroom for non-Google Apps for Edu schools)
- Plickers (Use plickers instead of clickers!) Tech Thursday 1/22
- Shadow Puppet Edu (ipad app for finding images)
- Clarisketch (transform Android tablet to a white board)
- Kaizena (leave voice comments on student work) Tech Thursday 1/29
- MyStorybook (create stories online complete with images to add to story)
- Hemingway App (analyze writing)
- Wikia Maps (Create maps -- real or fictional)
Mark Your Calendars
New Caney ISD is hosting the Texas Google Summit on May 16 @ PHS! This is so exciting! If you are interested in presenting some of the cool tech stuff you are doing in your classroom, you can submit a proposal until February 15th. This will also be a great event to attend to learn some great technology integration.
Vocaroo -- http://vocaroo.com/ --
Students/teachers can record audio (for free) and it is saved on their cloud. You can share the link with students and they can listen to text read aloud to them with your voice. You could also have students create a podcast with this. It can also be embedded into a webpage.
WeVideo -- https://www.wevideo.com/
Students/teachers can create, edit, and publish videos through this tool. They can save them to their drive and share with the teacher.