Tools of the Trade
OVERVIEW: This is an online design that allows teachers and students to have within-class conversations. the teacher is able to post assignments, power points for the students, quizzes, and notify students for upcoming events.
USAGE AND BENEFITS: You can use Edmodo to turn in projects, homework, assignments, quizzes, and to voice and concerns you may have. This allows and more convenient and reliable source for students and teachers.
OVERVIEW: This tool allows you to electronically communicate with your teachers, and teachers can communicate with your parents throughout email or text.
USAGE AND BENEFITS: You can use remind to get updates about upcoming events, assignments due, or reminders. This is very useful because it is a constant reminder of what you need to do and it allows your parents to get more involved in your school assignments.
OVERVIEW: This tool allows you to create interesting and visually appealing info-graphics/presentations
USAGE AND BENEFITS: Easel.ly is a website that allows you to create visually appealing infer-graphics. You can use a theme given to you or start from scratch creating a perfect presentation representing your information
OVERVIEW: This tool allows you to create web pages, posters, flyers, etc.
USAGE AND BENEFITS: You can create beautiful pages or presentations using this tool. There are multiple colors and themes to choose from to personalize your creation. When sharing your Tackk others can view what you have created
IB Design Cycle
OVERVIEW: a method of solving problems using technology
USAGE AND BENEFITS: This system of solving problems is useful and easy to use. in fact, we use it in our everyday lives without even noticing it.
Inquiring and analyzing
- Explain the need for a solution to the problem
- Identify the research needed for the solution
- Items that help solve the solution
- Create a design brief and summarize your research
- Explain how your design will solve the problem
- Create multiple design ideas for your solution
- Choose your final idea and explain why its the best
- Create plans, models, designs, graphs, etc. for your chosen solution
Creating the Solution
- Make a plan that lists your steps of creation
- Do a good job technically when creating the solution
- Follow your plan create, write down any changes made
- Present the solution
- Test your methods
- Evaluate your solution against the requirements
- How cant you improve it
- How does the solution impact the target