Mayan Aztec's calendar
The Aztecs (Mexico) and Maya were in Central America
- What were their cities like: In Tikal the population is estimated at up to 60,000, Maya city from the ancient time usually consisted of a series of stepped platforms topped by masonry structures (temples pyramids)
- How many people lived in their civilization: there were thought to be between 30,000 and 60,000, or possibly up to 100,000 people living in Tikal
- How did they build: They often used material found around their area, mostly Limestone Limestone were in most of the Mayan settlements. The Mayan's also used mortar. They made the mortar by burning limestone in a very technical process. They layered the limestone with wood and put a cylinder or pipe up the middle of the stack.
- What kind of gods did they believe in: The Mayan religion involved several aspects of nature, astronomy and rituals. Most Gods represented a form in nature.
- What did they eat: The four staple foods in Mayan cuisine are squash, beans, maize and chili peppers, and they were often combined with meat or seafood. They also hunter and grew their own food Some meats that were commonly hunted include monkey, deer, iguana, armadillo, manatee, etc.
- How did they get food: They hunted land animals or sea animals, they also planted their own food such as fruit and vegetables.