Video Game Counting & Addition!
I can count objects up to 10 and create simple addition equations from playing a Math video game. With my teacher and classmates, I can add a slide to the class video to show my counting and addition skills.
Kindergarten -ODE State Standards
- Domain: Operations & Algebraic Thinking, Counting & Cardinality
- Cluster: Understand addition as putting together and adding to.
- Standard 1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
- Cluster: Count to tell the number of objects
- Standard 5. Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20,count out that many objects.
- Strategies for Diverse Learners - ELL Instructional Support: Includes clear and sufficient guidance to support teaching and learning of the targeted standards, including,when appropriate, the use of technology and media.