* August 15th - all grades schedule preview make-up from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
* August 21st - First day of school - students report to first period class
* August 23rd - New Parent/Student Orientation
* August 28th – PTSA Meeting, Open House & Grade Level Information Meetings
Falcons are Ready for the 2017-2018 School Year!
It was exciting to meet our new freshmen and see familiar Falcons during schedule preview. A make-up schedule preview for all grade levels will be held this Tuesday evening, August 15th from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Schedules will be updated and corrected this week. If there is an incorrect course listed on your schedule, please fill out a gold "Error Form" available in the Main Building and New Building front office. If your first choice elective is not listed, it may be due to an irreconcilable conflict in your schedule or other master schedule constraints. Please note that all student schedules are subject to class balancing during the first two weeks of school.
Students will report to first period on August 21st and will receive an official schedule at that time. Continue to monitor your schedule in Skyward for schedule updates. First period rosters will be posted in all buildings for students to locate their first period class. We will have a two-lunch advisory bell schedule the first week of school (see below).
Clear Lake High School-Fall 17 Traffic Closures
Bay Area Blvd roadways are shut down in both directions in front of Clear Lake High School. Northeast bound Bay Area traffic is merged passing in front of the new school and is down to one lane until the bayou bridge. Southwest bound Bay Area traffic merges at the bridge and is down to one lane until the Phase 2 construction area. The permit with the City of Houston allows work between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, so the lanes will be open during drop off in the mornings. The district approved the use of special concrete to allow rapid drying. Weather permitting the lanes may be complete by the start of school on Monday.
2017-2018 Important Dates
- August 15th - Make-up schedule preview 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- August 21st - First day of school
- August 23rd - New Parent/Student Orientation Meeting in the Performing Arts Center
- August 28th – PTSA Meeting at 6:00 pm
- August 28th - CLHS Open House from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- August 28th - Grade Level Parent Information meetings in the Performing Arts Center. 9th grade at 6:30 pm, 10th grade at 7:00 pm, 11th grade at 7:30 pm, 12th grade at 8:00 pm, Q&A session with counselors at 8:30 pm.
- September 4th - Staff and student Labor Day holiday
- September 20th - Late Arrival Day for students
Join with Falcon Parents, Teachers, and Students to make a positive difference in the lives of students at CLHS!
We invite our Falcon parents to Open House on Monday, August 28th between 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm to meet teachers and learn about class procedures, curriculum, and expectations. Parents can visit any class. There is no set bell schedule, so we encourage you to visit all classrooms in one building and then move the next building. For example, begin where your child has the maximum number of classes. Please pace yourself to allow enough time to visit every teacher. You must schedule a personal conference if you would like to talk specifically about your student.
Maps will be available in each building and schedules are available on Family Access. Select your child and on the left tab click on schedule. The schedule includes course, teacher name and room number and can be viewed on your phone or printed from this screen. How to read the schedule: It is important to remember there are three buildings. No prefix, M, MB: Main Building N: Ninth Grade Center Four Digit Room Number : New Building. Please wear comfortable shoes as our school resembles a college campus.