* April 24th - May 2nd - BOND17 Clear Creek ISD Early Voting in the Ninth Grade Center
* April 26th - Late Arrival Day
* May 2nd - STAAR Algebra I End of Course Exam
* May 3rd - STAAR US History End of Course Exam
* May 4th - STAAR Biology End of Course Exam
The Clear Creek Independent School District is encouraging citizens to vote in the 2017 School Bond referendum and the CCISD School Board election. The $487 million bond referendum is intended to:
- Build a new school or permanently increase capacity of existing schools
- Rebuild or renovate schools between 40-50 years old
- Conduct priority repairs across CCISD
- Establish a elementary playground replacement fund
- Purchase new school buses
- Expand the District’s science magnet for intermediate students to a second location
The new facilities at CLHS are provided by the 2013 Bond. The CCISD Bond 2017 will also provide new Natatorium lighting, a swim timing system and rebuild the baseball dugouts at Lake. Our feeder school, Space Center Intermediate, will be renovating existing space and adding a Fine Arts addition. Clear Lake Intermediate will be adding a ten classroom permanent addition and removing all portable buildings.
There are many opportunities to vote early in the election. Regardless of how you vote, I encourage you to vote! Here is how:
- Visit CLHS Ninth Grade Center, or one of nine other standard early voting locations, between April 24 – May 2 from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (except Sunday). Click here for all locations.
- Visit any other neighborhood voting locations at a date and time most convenient for you or on Election Day, Saturday, May 6, 2017. Click here for dates and locations.
During early voting, registered voters need only show their driver’s license. If you need more information about the 2017 Bond, please visit www.ccisd.net/bond2017 or if you have questions about our improvements specific to our campus, please feel free to reach out to me with those questions. ~ Karen Engle, Ed.D.
2017-18 Course Requests Available on Skyward
Students were given their course requests for the 2017-2018 school year in 3rd period classes this week.The course requests are not final but will be used to build the master schedule for next year.
To view schedules in Skyward. Go to www.ccisd.net > click on @Home>On Skyward log in screen , use the student’s information to log in. user name is: Student IDemail@example.com Password is Cafeteria PIN>Click on “Schedule”(on the left). Under course request (at the top) , click on View Requests for 2017-18 in Clear Lake HS. You can select to view requested courses and Alternate Courses(at the top)
To Request A Course Request Change:
1. Draw a line through the course to drop and write in the course to add.
2. Sign below and return to the counselor
3. You can also scan the change and send it to the student’s counselor
If any corrections are needed, changes can be made directly on the course request form students received in 3rd period or a form is available in each Building office. A completed form including a parent signature must be returned to a counselor no later than May 5, 2017. Completion of the form does not guarantee that a change will be made. Students must see their counselor if no courses are listed in Skyward for the 2017-18 school year.
CLHS Counseling Team
- May 1st- College declaration day. Seniors must make their final decisions on their college destination
- Seniors taking outside of Clear Lake High School coursework must provide final grades by May 15th to ensure graduation
- Seniors will be scheduled in the College and Career Center lab to order their final transcripts to the college of their choice the week of May 15th
- Seniors that owe credit appeal hours must check with their AP secretary and complete all hours by May 31st to prepare for graduation check out process.
- With graduation approaching it is important for all seniors to continue to check grades on Skyward weekly and touch base with counselors and teachers to make sure they are on track to graduate, completing all work assigned and meeting the necessary criteria for exam exemptions.
Between now and January 2018, almost everything you need to do to get accepted at colleges will take place. Because there is so much to do, many students and parents worry themselves sick about getting every last piece in and on time. In order to lessen your anxiety, here is a list of things rising seniors need to do between June and the end of January.
Spring Semester 2017 Important Dates
- April 26th - Late Arrival Day
- April 29th - AP World History, AP Euro History, and AP Calculus review
- May 2nd - STAAR Algebra I Exam
- May 3rd - STAAR US History
- May 4th - STAAR Biology Exam
- May 4th - 2nd progress report of the 4th nine weeks available on Skyward
- May 5th - Deadline to make corrections or changes to 2017-18 course selections
- May 6th - AP Human Geo review
- May 22nd - Senior Award Night
- May 26th - Final Exams begin for 9th - 11th grade students
- May 29th - Memorial Day holiday for staff and students
- June 1st - Senior checkout in the morning and graduation practice at noon
- June 4th - CLHS Class of 2017 Graduation
Intensive STAAR test reviews continue in preparation for the End of Course exams that will be administered in one week. Please visit the links below for additional resource materials.
Math, Science, US History:
The Texas Education Agency offers online assistance for students to help improve skills in core content areas. To access this online tool, go to:
- Click on the “Search” button in the middle of the page
- On the left hand side of the page, click your “Primary Subject” and “Secondary Subject”
- Scroll through the list of activities and click on one to begin learning!
If you create an account, you can save your profile information and interested lessons. However, you can use the site without an account
Final Exam Schedule
CCISD Spring Exam Exemption Policy
Junior and seniors may be exempt from spring semester exams with in any course based on attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Freshmen and sophomores taking an Advanced Placement course may also be exempt from the final in that course if the take the College Board AP exam and meet attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Please follow the link below for exemption policy details:
AP Exam Schedule 2017
College Admissions Resources
- ApplyTexas https://www.applytexas.org
- The Common App presents you with the opportunity to search from nearly 700 schools (private, public, large and small), find the ones that meet your needs, and then add them to your My Colleges list – an all-in-one convenient place to track the work ahead of you. Once you log in, simply click on the College Search tab to find schools based on their name, location, deadline, or distance from your home. You might discover a terrific school you would’ve otherwise never known about, and the Common App will connect you to the institution to apply directly. The Common Application https://www.commonapp.org/
- Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more: FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov FastWeb http://www.fastweb.com
- Want to play college sports? Creating an account is the first step to becoming an NCAA student-athlete: NCAA http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp
Seniors planning on going to San Jacinto college have the opportunity to take the TSIA after school at Clear Lake High School on April 24th and 25th. There are sign-up sheets outside Room 501 Main Building for students to register for the test. The last day for students to sign-up for the April sessions will be April 10th.