Class of 2017 Elementary & Intermediate Graduation Walk
Final Exam Schedule
Final Exam Reminders
Each exam is 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. If a student plans on attending a tutorial session after the 11:30-12:30 one hour ON CAMPUS lunch break OR rides the bus home after school, he/she MUST REMAIN ON CAMPUS from 11:30-2:30. There will be two review sessions each day, except for Thursday, June 1st. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for the following sessions:
- Period Review Session I - 12:30-1:23
- Period Review Session II - 1:30-2:30.
- Early Release -June 1st only - Buses will run at 11:30.
- On Friday, May 26th, all students, including those who are exempt are required to be in school from 7:20 am – 11:30 am. Students must attend the hour-long tutorial sessions for 3rd and 6th periods. This morning is an official attendance time - classes are held until 11:30 am.
- On May 30th and 31st , any student taking a final should attend their third period class.
Important Reminders for Seniors
Senior Distinguished Achievement Program (DAP) Ceremony AND Senior Awards Night will be held on May 22nd. We will recognize our senior DAP candidates on the same night as our Senior Awards Night. The DAP candidate recognition ceremony will be held at 6:30 pm in the Performing arts Center, New Building. There will be a short intermission after the DAP ceremony. Senior Awards Night will begin at 7:15 pm. Students participating in the Senior Awards Night should arrive at 6:30 pm. Congratulations to all our seniors!
- May 18th - Clear Lake City Elementary Senior Social @ 4:00 pm
- Seniors taking outside of Clear Lake High School coursework must provide final grades by May 15th to ensure graduation
- Seniors will be scheduled in the College and Career Center lab to order their final transcripts to the college of their choice the week of May 15th
- May 23rd - Whitcomb Elementary Senior Social @ 3:45 pm
- Seniors that owe credit appeal hours must check with their AP secretary and complete all hours by May 31st to prepare for graduation check out process.
- We will be collecting laptops from all seniors beginning May 24th in the Tech Spot in the New Building Library. Seniors will turn in their laptop and charging cord. The charging cord can be replaced by purchasing one from dell.com/ccisd.
- With graduation approaching it is important for all seniors to continue to check grades on Skyward weekly and touch base with counselors and teachers to make sure they are on track to graduate, completing all work assigned and meeting the necessary criteria for exam exemptions.
- Seniors must be clear of all fines and fees for graduation.
Between now and January 2018, almost everything you need to do to get accepted at colleges will take place. Because there is so much to do, many students and parents worry themselves sick about getting every last piece in and on time. In order to lessen your anxiety, here is a list of things rising seniors need to do between June and the end of January.
Spring Semester 2017 Important Dates
- May 22nd - Senior Awards Night
- May 26th - Final Exams begin for 9th - 11th grade students
- May 29th - Memorial Day holiday for staff and students
- June 1st - Senior checkout in the morning and graduation practice at noon
- June 4th - CLHS Class of 2017 Graduation
- June 8th & June 10th - Summer School Registration
CCISD Summer School Information
PreAP Chemistry Summer Prep:
College Admissions Resources
- ApplyTexas https://www.applytexas.org
- The Common App presents you with the opportunity to search from nearly 700 schools (private, public, large and small), find the ones that meet your needs, and then add them to your My Colleges list – an all-in-one convenient place to track the work ahead of you. Once you log in, simply click on the College Search tab to find schools based on their name, location, deadline, or distance from your home. You might discover a terrific school you would’ve otherwise never known about, and the Common App will connect you to the institution to apply directly. The Common Application https://www.commonapp.org/
- Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more: FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov FastWeb http://www.fastweb.com
- Want to play college sports? Creating an account is the first step to becoming an NCAA student-athlete: NCAA http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp