* March 28th - ELA I STAAR Exam
* March 28th - CCISD Parent Workshop
* March 30th - ELA II STAAR Exam
* April 1st - 2017 Certified Teacher Job Fair
Tuesday, March 28th - English I STAAR:
Students taking English I STAAR will report to Testing Rooms in the NGC at 7:20 a.m. Students taking this 5-hour test will be provided two snacks. When testing is over they will be released to the NGC Commons for lunch until the end of the school day. Students involved in testing will not attend any classes.
STUDENTS NOT TESTING will follow a regular bell schedule.
Thursday, March 30th - English II STAAR
Students taking English II STAAR will report to Testing Rooms in the NGC at 7:20 a.m. Students taking this 5-hour test will be provided two snacks. When testing is over they will be released to the NGC Commons for lunch until the end of the school day. Students involved in testing will not attend any classes.
STUDENTS NOT TESTING will follow a regular bell schedule.
STAAR Tips from the CLHS English Team:
- Rest the night before the exam and eat a good breakfast in the morning. Your body needs rest and fuel to function.
- YES, you can and should use the dictionary or thesaurus on the reading portion and the essay portion of the exam. You can also use resources for the revision/editing questions.
- Be an interactive reader. Engage in the text by annotating the passages and writing notes in the margins.
- Write rough drafts for your essays in your test booklet and outline your ideas. The final product should be the best writing you have done all year.
- Watch your time and stay focused! You don’t have time to take a nap or an extended bathroom break.
Be confident. If you take your time and stay engaged, you will be successful!
Spring Semester 2017 Important Dates
- March 28th - ELA I STAAR Exam
- March 30th - ELA II STAAR Exam
- April 1st - Certified Teacher Job Fair
- April 5th - Late Arrival Day
- April 8th - CCISD Advanced Placement review camp @ CCHS
- April 12th - CLHS Physicals 11:00 am - 5:00 pm in Krueger Field House
- April 13th - 1st progress report of the 4th nine weeks available on Skyward
- April 14th - Staff and student holiday
- April 22nd - CLHS Senior Prom
- April 26th - Late Arrival Day
- May 2nd - STAAR Algebra I Exam
- May 3rd - STAAR US History
- May 4th - STAAR Biology Exam
- May 4th - 2nd progress report of the 4th nine weeks available on Skyward
- May 22nd - Senior Award Night
- May 26th - Final Exams begin for 9th - 11th grade students
- May 29th - Memorial Day holiday for staff and students
- June 1st - Senior checkout in the morning and graduation practice at noon
- June 4th - CLHS Class of 2017 Graduation
AP Saturday Camp 2017!
To better prepare you for success on the AP exam, CCISD is offering Saturday AP Camp opportunity at Clear Creek High School on April 8th. Please follow the link above to sign up for the April 8th Review. Students can choose to attend either the morning or afternoon session or both sessions if they need to review multiple subjects.
Human Geography is an all-day session. There will be a review in the am session and a practice test in the pm session. For students staying all day there will be a lunch break from 11am -12pm. Students are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Students should bring their CCISD laptop or their own electronic device such as a laptop or tablet to take notes and get organized.
Students are encouraged to register early, as spaces are limited!
Final Exam Schedule
CCISD Spring Exam Exemption Policy
Junior and seniors may be exempt from spring semester exams with in any course based on attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Freshmen and sophomores taking an Advanced Placement course may also be exempt from the final in that course if the take the College Board AP exam and meet attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Please follow the link below for exemption policy details:
AP Exam Schedule 2017
College Admissions Resources
- ApplyTexas https://www.applytexas.org
- The Common App presents you with the opportunity to search from nearly 700 schools (private, public, large and small), find the ones that meet your needs, and then add them to your My Colleges list – an all-in-one convenient place to track the work ahead of you. Once you log in, simply click on the College Search tab to find schools based on their name, location, deadline, or distance from your home. You might discover a terrific school you would’ve otherwise never known about, and the Common App will connect you to the institution to apply directly. The Common Application https://www.commonapp.org/
- Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more: FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov FastWeb http://www.fastweb.com
- Want to play college sports? Creating an account is the first step to becoming an NCAA student-athlete: NCAA http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp
San Jacinto Application and TSIA
Seniors planning on going to San Jacinto college have the opportunity to take the TSIA after school at Clear Lake High School on April 24th and 25th. There are sign-up sheets outside Room 501 Main Building for students to register for the test. The last day for students to sign-up for the April sessions will be April 10th.
On Tuesday, March 28th, San Jacinto Financial Aid Adviser and Ms. Alexis Alexander will be in the College and Career center in the New Building from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm offering assistance and answering questions regarding financial aid. Students will also get help in filling out the application. Help will also be provided in applying for scholarships to San Jacinto College. (which are due April 2nd).
Hard copies of the practice PSAT, ACT and PSAT/NMSQT score reports were distributed in English classes on Friday, January 27th. Please follow the following link to Understand your PSAT Score Reports.
2016-2017 ACT TEST DATES
- April 8, 2017
- June 10, 2017
You must register and pay for the test at: www.actstudent.org
2017 COLLEGE BOARD SAT TEST DATES
- March 11, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- June 3, 2017
You must register and pay for the test at: www.collegeboard.com
The College Board offers free resources for TSI including practice questions with feedback. Students may access the materials through a check out process (no credit card required).