Discovery Middle School
3rd Quarter Report
Here at DMS, we continue to enjoy our Lunch Bytes sessions. Not only do we have the opportunity for a quick "how-to," but we are instantly able to begin thinking how we can use this idea in our upcoming lessons. This quarter, we've focused on:
- Connecting with Google Hangouts - This was great way for teachers to see how easily connections with teachers and/or administration throughout the day, after school, or even with an absent student could be utilized. Whether the participants are on campus, at home or across the country, this is a tool that many will come to know and use.
- Take a Tech Test Drive - Teachers were able to sit down and play with the devices currently being piloted as well as other hands-on circuit systems, build your camera and mobile video camera that actually follows your movement!
Our four teachers working with the pilot are doing a wonderful job of incorporating technology into the everyday classroom. Teachers are welcome to walk-in and observe as well visit with pilot teachers about the devices and how they are being used.
Our goals are very similar to many of the other buildings. We are making continuous efforts to assist our teachers and continue their technological growth with the following:
- Deployment of Macbooks for teachers
- Upcoming Lunch Bytes with Pilot Teachers
- Maintaining an ACTIVE web presence
- Offering after school sessions for technology PD
- With the deployment of student devices, if there is a hardware issue (or left at home, on the bus, etc.), will extra devices be available for checkout in the LMC?
- Will there be a set tech support schedule since the Middle Level techs work between 2 buildings?
- Many teachers utilize the tablet function and screen writing, is there anything available that can sustain this function for teachers? What are our options?