Different types of Travel Insurance
Before you start having fun on your trip, you need to go through this world of pain to make sure that everything goes according to the plan. It is always a wiser decision to invest in Travel Insurance as it protects you against unforeseen circumstances and the crippling cost that follows.
Just to bring more clarity we have mentioned different types of Travel Insurance Coverage so you can choose and opt for the one that suits you best:
- Domestic Travel Insurance
Domestic travel insurance covers medical emergencies, checked-in lost/stolen baggage, permanent disability and death, travel delay and personal liability
- International Travel Insurance
International travel insurance covers your medical expenses overseas, hijack, baggage and travel delays, repatriations/evacuation to India and loss of travel documents/passport besides the regular coverage.
- Corporate travel insurance
If you enroll for corporate travel insurance India, employees of the organisation can get enjoy benefits of coverage on both international and domestic trips.
- Student travel insurance
Student travel insurance requires minimum paper work. The insurance covers all expenses incurred on medical treatment, passport loss, and study interruptions.
- Senior citizen travel insurance
Senior citizen insurance is applicable for people belonging to the age group 61-70. It covers dental treatments and cashless hospitalization apart from the usual benefits associated related with travel insurance.
- Family travel insurance
The insurance plan covers hospitalization, baggage loss, and rest of other incidental expenses. The disbursement of claims is extremely easy as it involves minimal paperwork.
- Individual travel insurance
If you are covered under individual travel insurance, you get cover against cancellation of trip, home burglary and trip diminution.
Let us now look at some key features of Travel Insurance
- Covers in/out patient hospitalization along with daily allowance.
- Travel insurance covers personal accident in case of permanent disability/death
- Covers contingencies related to personal possession
- It covers loss of critical belongings like baggage and passport
- Covers expenses caused by trip delays.