Mash-up Monday @Rogers
Edmodo Assignments & Apps
Need a way to receive work from students regardless of device type? Want to provide extra practice in key curricular areas? Then the features highlighted in this Mash-up are for you! Use the tips in this site on your own or join me on Monday, November 3rd, in Lab 221 for face-to-face training. Please use the RSVP function if you are planning to attend.
To post a new assignment to one or more groups, follow these instructions.
- Select the “Assignment” tab located in the post bubble at the top of your Edmodo Homepage.
- Fill out the following details for the Assignment:
- Assignment title
- Description of the Assignment
- Due date (set by clicking on the calendar icon)
- Click in the Send to field to choose which group you would like to receive the Assignment.
- Click “File”, “Link” or “Library” to attach any items to supplement the Assignment.
- Choose to Send Now or Scheduled:
- Send Now: Clicking the "Send" button will send the post immediately (posts will appear on the Post Stream in the order they were sent).
- Scheduled: Clicking the "Scheduled" icon will automatically send the post at the chosen time at the top of the hour (make sure the timezone settings are the same for teachers and students).
Note: If you send an Assignment to individual students, instead of to the whole group, it won't show up automatically in the gradebook. You will have to navigate to the Assignment results in the Progress area, and manually enter it in the gradebook.
Turning In an Assignment
Once you have completed your Assignment, you can turn it in by following the steps below:
- Click the "Filter posts by" link at the top right of your "Latest Posts" area and choose Assignments to find the Assignment.
- Locate the Assignment Post and click the “Turn in” button on the Assignment.
- Type a message in the text box and attach any files, links, or items from your Backpack.
- Click on the Reaction to the Assignment (you cannot change this reaction after submitting the Assignment).
- Click on “Turn in Assignment."
- After you have turned in an Assignment and your teacher has graded it, you can view your grade.
Note: If you need to resubmit an Assignment, you can do so only if your teacher allows this. Once your teacher has graded the Assignment, you are unable to resubmit the Assignment, unless the teacher clears the grade first. If you are turning in an image file, please read our article about submitting image files as assignments.
There are hundreds of free and paid educational apps available for you and your students in the Edmodo Store. Getting and using Edmodo apps is simple and students can immediately access any apps you install to their Groups. To install apps to your Groups:
- Enter the Edmodo Store by clicking the Edmodo Store icon on the top of the Apps Toolbar.
- Enter the name of an app in to the top Search Bar, or browse for apps by scrolling through the suggest apps or selecting a subject in the left panel.
- Click on an app to go that app’s page. Each app’s page describes the app in detail, provides information about the app’s publisher, and lists the access modes available for that app (e.g. “Teacher,” “Student,” and “Parent”).
- Click the green button that says either "Free" or the price of the app on the top right of the app's page.
- Check the box next to the Group(s) you would like to install the app to.
- Click the “Install” button.
Next Steps: Members in the Group(s) you installed the app to can then launch the app by first clicking the “Apps” icon on the Apps Toolbar, then clicking the app’s icon.
Note: Paid apps will require your to purchase Edmodo Store credit before installing them. Only Group owners in the United States, UK, Ireland, Canada, and Australia can purchase app licenses for their Groups. Learn more about the Edmodo Store for International Users.
Some of My Favorite Apps
1. MobyMax (math and vocab practice)
2. NoRedInk (ELA)
3. Blendspace (presentation/ lesson builder)