Math Technology Tools for TNReady
Descriptor: Teachers will learn about available tools to prepare students for online technology enhanced questions for Math TNReady.
BellworK: click on the above link and explore your grade level state standards for Math. Find one specific standard that you would like to find an online resource to help you in your classroom.
1. Explore websites that aid teachers with Tennessee Math standards.
2. Spark ideas of how to use these websites in your classroom.
3. Explore websites that will aid students for the standardized tests.
4. Explore websites that will aid parents with questions about the standards, as well as resource to help their child.
PLC Guiding Questions:
1. What is it that we want our students to learn?
Successfully understand, apply, and analyze all grade level standards in math.
2. How will we know that each student has learned it?
• Use programs such as Moby Max to progress monitor
• Use tools such as Plickers and Socrative to quickly assess a skill
• Use programs such as Kahoot to create a fun quiz to find missing skills
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
• Use programs such as TenMarks and MobyMax to reteach and practice missing skills
• Use programs such as Kids Math TV and Teacher Tube to reteach missing skills
4. How will we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
• Have students use programs such as OfficeMix, ScreenCastify, and NearPod to create how-to videos for classmates who struggle
2) K-5 Math Teaching Resources - provides an extensive collection of free resources, math games, and hands-on math activities aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. Our math printables are suitable for use in math centers, small group or whole class settings.
3) Illuminations - works to serve by increasing access to quality standards-based resources for teaching and learning mathematics, including interactive tools for students and instructional support for teachers
Online Assessment Tools and Lessons
1) Moby Max - (K - 8) is a completely integrated K-8 curriculum and teaching system with progress monitoring, goal setting, fluency practice, motivation tools, and much more.
2) TenMarks - (grades 1 -12) an online math program for students to practice and master math concepts covered in grades 1 through 12, covering concepts as advanced as algebra and geometry.
3) Front Row - (K-8) an adaptive math program for students in Kindergarten through Eighth grade. Through the program, students can practice state standard aligned math at their own pace, and their teachers can tailor instruction for each student.
4) LearnZillion -(Grades 2 - 12) a free and growing set of math and English Language resources for grades 2-12 that combines video lessons, assessments, playlists, and progress reports.
5) PowerMyLearning -a free web-based platform for K-12 students, parents, and educators that contains over 3,000 high-quality online learning activities in all major K-12 subjects.
6) Interactive Assessment - a free non-tracking website that enables students to practice TEI necessary for mastering TNReady. Teachers could also use this site to conduct whole-class demonstrations.
1) Nearpod - allows teachers to construct presentations using the Nearpod website and deliver instruction to students by pushing content out to multiple devices at once. The teacher controls the presentation from a master iOS device, while students follow along on a class set of iPods or iPads.
2) Kahoot! - Create and play quizzes, discussions or even surveys (which we call Kahoots) using any device with a web browser… including a laptop, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android, Chromebook, Windows Phone or PC and more.
Sample Kahoot - click here and use Game Pin # 48872
3) Socrative - empowers you to engage and assess your students as learning happens. Through the use of real-time questioning, result aggregation, and visualization, you have instant insight into levels of understanding so you can use class time to better collaborate and grow as a community of learners.
1) Parent Guide to TNReady - This guide is designed to walk you through changes to the state’s math and English language arts TCAP tests.
2) MICA website - MICA, Measurement Incorporated Classroom Assessment, is an interactive web-based classroom assessment and learning tool for Tennessee educators. Parents can also access this site to see firsthand the types of questions the students will encounter on the TNReady test
Please share with our group some ideas of resources that we have not mentioned that you use in your classroom