Here are some quick things we learned!
- Type in general google search topic. After your search options show up, click on the gear to select “advanced search” to modify your options.
Research within Google Docs
- Research within a doc. Open a doc. Select the “Tools” menu. Select “Research”. A search window will appear.
- Search topic - Chocolate. Click on “Preview” to see site. Click on “cite” to cite sources. You can click “insert link” to create a link onto the doc.
- Search images appear at the top and the pic can be inserted. Picture source is cited on the bottom.
Open and EDIT a PDF in your Drive
- Locate a PDF in your drive. Select PDF by clicking on it. DO NOT OPEN IT!!
- Use two fingers (rabbit touch) on the trackpad to right click. Open with Google Docs.
- The PDF will open and you will see the original at the top. Scroll down and find the text that you can edit.