Incomplete Dominance in Betta Fish
By: Janae King
Incomplete Dominance Facts:
1. One allele is not completely dominant over another.
2. The heterozygous phenotype is a blending of the two homozygous phenotypes.
3. This means the offspring will be a mix of the two parents.
4. Incomplete dominance is very similar, however different from codominance.
5. Incomplete dominance occurs in plants, animals, and humans.
Facts About Organism:
1. Incomplete dominance is the only way to get a half sun/combtail betta fish.
2. When halfmoon and crowntail bettas cross, the end result is a half sun/combtail betta fish that has the 180 degree spread of the halfmoon tail, but also has short crowntail rays.