I bet ya didn't know that...
- Miami is known as the "Mother of Fraternities", with the Miami Triad Beta Theta Pi, Phi Delta Theta, and Sigma Chi being founded in Oxford.
- In the 1830's Miami was the fourth largest college in the United States trailing only Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth.
- The total cost of attending Miami during its first year was $93, including board, room, tuition, laundry, candles, and wood.
- The oldest building on the Miami campus is the DeWitt log cabin built in 1804.
- In 1888 the Republican candidate for President, Benjamin Harrison, and the Democratic candidate's campaign manager, Calvin Brice, were both Miami graduates.
- The first intercollegiate football game in the state of Ohio was played in 1888 between Miami and Cincinnati.