1) The location was divided into three different categories. These were the Pacific lowlands, the highlands, and the Northern lowlands.
2) The climate was usually hot. They had an average temperature of 78 degrees F. They had little rainfall and suffered from droughts often.
3) Some major physical features are Lake Atitlan,Volcano Tolimin, and the Sierra Madre Mountain.
1) Some major leaders were Maj-Gen, K'inich Tax K'uk' Mo', Smoke Imix, and Kimi Janab Pakel.
2) The leadership structures consisted of rulers, nobles and priests, merchants and artisans, peasants, and slaves.
War and Conflict
1) Some major battles were the Peninsular War and the Battle of Maya.
2) Some of the enemies were the Toltecs, Aztecs, and Incas.
3) The outcome of these battles were the Mayans had to flee from their cities and into the jungle.
1) Some of the trade partners were just other city states, and the highlands and lowlands of Maya.
2)Some of the ideas they traded were obsidian ohuipiles, jade, copal, and quetzals.
1) The men in ancient Maya hunted, fished, constructed statues and buildings, and worked in fields. Women cleaned, cooked, took care of children, and raised farm animals.
2) For education, they studied astronomy and developed a system of hieroglyphics.
3) In Maya they designed and constructed temples, pyramids, and shrines dedicated to their gods.
4) They built cities around ceremonial and religious temples.The temples and pyramids rose high above the jungle canopy. They were polytheistic and believed blood gave god their strength.
The Mayans have made many impacts on our world today. Some of these are hot chocolate, solar calendar (365 days), and the slash-and-burn method to clear land.