1.Momentum-A characteristic of a moving object related to its mass and velocity.
2. Law of Conservation of Momentum- In the absence of outside forces like friction, the total momentum of objects that interact does not change.
3. The formula for momentum is: Momentum=Mass*Velocity (p=mv)
4. It is believed that the reason the letter p stands for momentum came from the Latin word "petere" and because m was already used by mass.
5. A heavy van can have the same momentum as a small motorcycle if the motorcycle is moving at a fast speed and the heavy van is moving at a slow speed
6. In a non-sticky collision the two objects don't stick together and they trade velocities, whereas in a sticky collision the two objects stick together and the total momentum stays the same.
7.An elastic collision, the kinetic energy does not change but the direction of the object changes.
8. In an inelastic collision some of the kinetic energy is lost and the momentum is less.
9. Throwing a piece of clay at the ground would be an inelastic collision because the clay would not bounce off of the ground.
10. Angular momentum is when an objects spins around in a circle instead of going in a straight line. In space, Planets, nebulae, stars, and black holes all spin around in a circle, thus they all have angular momentum.
I got my Information on this topic from these three websites: