CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM BOOKS!
What is Book Press?
Book Press is a very easy to use app, that allows you to create your own custom books in a matter of minutes. The created books can be in quality print or in eBook format. It is a great storytelling tool.
With Book Press, you can put your favorite photos, captured moments and stories into a lasting keepsake book in print to share with family and friends. Making your own bookstore quality book has never been so easy and convenient!
Watch this video to see how easy it is to use Book Press
* Create your own books from photos online or offline
* Share with family and friends via email, facebook or twitter with one click
* Capture live events into your books easily, instantly
* Access your books on any devices via bCloud
* Privacy settings give you control over access to your books
* Option to produce your book in full color hardcover/softcover bookstore quality print
* Order only one copy or as many as you need
How can I use Book Press in the classroom?
* Students can create biographies of a famous historical figure.
* Students can create reports of a specific event in history in the form of a book.
* Students can create a fictional book about living in a specific time period, or during a specific event in history.
* Students can create a fictional or nonfictional book about their travels in certain countries or regions of the world, and discuss different sites, cultures, languages, governments, and economies they experienced.
* Use your creativity to have students create a book over any topic you choose, and have them publish them to be viewed by your class and others.
DIRECTLY BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR A PROJECT COACH ALLEN DID WITH HER CLASS USING BOOK PRESS. CLINK THE LINKS BELOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO VIEW SOME OF THE BOOK PRESS PROJECTS CREATED BY HER STUDENTS.
CULTURE BOOK INSTRUCTIONS
You will create a book, using the app bookpress, with at least two pages dedicated to each sub-region in Latin America. You will write about these regions and include pictures. You need to include a map of Latin America, an overview orbroad introduction about Latin America discussing, economic, social/cultural, political, and physical/environmental aspects. The following is a list of important information about these sub-regions that you must include in your book.
-Colonialism: affect of Spanish rule
-Cultures: Aztec, cultural practices in Mexico (art, architecture)
-Economy: poor/rich gap, population, manufacturing
-Life today: emigration, work & school
Central America & The Caribbean
-Native Peoples, Colonialism in Central America
-Native Peoples, Colonialism in the Caribbean
-Culture: language, religion, music
-Economy: jobs, population distribution, tourism
Spanish Speaking South America
-Spanish Conquest & Rule: Inca, independence, government
-Culture: literature, music, arts/crafts
-Economy: income gap, products, Chile’s economy
-Education: literacy, education in Chile
-History: Native peoples, Portuguese conquest, independence
-Culture: the people, language, religion, architecture
-Economy: natural resources, industries, migration to cities
-Life Today: Carnival, martial arts, city life (Rio De Janeiro)