Using Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
How to find the theme? Watch the You Tube Video.
Improve your comprehension
Understanding the theme and making connections to the theme will help you understand what you are reading.
LIFE LESSON CHART
Thank You, Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco
The important people in our lives influence who we are in both positive and negative ways.
Supporting evidence from text
- Trisha truly believes she can learn to read because her family tells her so.
- Trisha says she feels “dumb” because other kids tease her.
- Trisha feels safe and special when she is with her grandmother looking at the stars.
- Trisha feels good around Mr. Falker because he promises that she will learn to read.
- Trisha thanks Mr. Falker when she becomes an author of children’s books.
Patricia Polacco author of Mr. Falker: Interview