By: Jonathan Hickman-8th Period
Why do people bully?
The main reasons people bully are to get popularity and attention, Sometimes the bully used to be a victim! These bullies are also as sad as the victims, They bully so people won't treat them bad. The bullies that haven't been bullied will mainly only wan't to get attention and "rule the school"
Some minor Statistics
- 70% of kids/teens see Cyberbullying occur online
- 84% of Teens/kids who see Cyberbullying, Intervene.
- 75% of Kids/teens admit they have seen a website bashing a student.
- 25% of all bullies tend to have a criminal record by the age of 30.
- Only 4% of bullying incidents reported involve adult intervene.
- 11% of bullying incidents are intervened by peers.
The four different types of bullying!
The eight different types of Cyberbullying
The people that are bullied. Victims that are picked on are usually sad or depressed, These people are easy targets, Unlike people that are always happy. only 1/10 victims of cyber bullying tell a parent, I don't know why but it might be that they feel that they can handle it on their own.
You may be thinking, what do school shootings have to do with bullying? Let me tell you why, It's because approximately 2/3 of all school shootings are related to bullying. An example of that is the school shooting at Columbine, It was related to bullying.
- Boys are less likely to report bullying
- There are 2.1 Million bullies
- There are 2.7 million victims of bullying
- 1/4 of highschool students list bullying as their main fear.