Weekly MaxWellness - 4/4
The absolute latest in wellness, from #wearables to #mhealth.
What you need to know this week in the world of wellness, compiled by our in-house mobile wellness geek extraordinaire, Taylor Pechacek. If you want this automatically delivered to your email address once a week, go ahead and subscribe here.
- All these apps and services are generating cascades of data about our quantified selves. But most of us are not equipped with the knowledge—let alone with the time—to dive into all that information, develop theories, and make recommendations. That's what trainers do in the physical world. And that's what they should be able to do digitally—far more efficiently and precisely than they can today.
Here are four major changes for employers who want to improve their employees’ health and wellness and realize a return on their investment in wellness programs.
- The most interesting aspect of the Internet of things is the world of humans that use it. Each “thing” or connected device is part of the digital shadow of a person. A Nike FuelBand captures a digital shadow of a person’s physical activity; a connected car from GM does the same for a person’s driving behavior.
- A recent study gives us a glimpse of where the ACOs are forming in the United States. You will see they are not being formed everywhere, but instead are heavily concentrated in the southern and eastern United States:
- But what of home health monitoring platforms – the true telehealth solutions? Are health systems finally finding the funding and the fortitude to take on these solutions to connect with and monitor their patients outside the hospital, clinic or doctor's office?
- At the beginning of 2013, questions swirled concerning private exchanges. Would employers actually transition to private exchanges? If they did, would they work? Would employers cut their health care contributions even more? Would employees want to utilize private exchanges? Would the many hiccups surrounding the public exchanges hurt or help adoption of private exchanges?