An Apple a Day...
- 7 tart apples, peeled + sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss to combine.
2. Layer sliced apples in a 9 x 12-inch (or approximately the same size) baking pan.
3. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut in the butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and apples are tender.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.