Poetry Collection Vocabulary 4
By: Kacie Long
Crystal- made of clear, brilliant glass
She went to the jewelry store to look at crystals.
Sinewy- tough and strong
A lot of ladies adored him because he was very sinewy.
Brawny- strong and muscular
The man goes to the gym to try to get brawny.
The little boy said he wants to grow up and be a parson
Wrought- shaped by hammering
She said she wanted a custom made house and she wants a wrought gate.
Haunches-the upper legs, hips of a animal
The cat was standing on its haunches begging for food.
1. No, if a dog is running it wouldn't be sitting.
2. Yes, a weight lifter would e brawny because they have been lifting weights.
3. I would expect a piano player to have sinewy hands because they have to move there fingers a lot.
4. If a glass is made or crystal it is breakable.
5. Yes, a parson would be most likely to be in a church because minister minister in churches.
6. Yes, something that is wrought is made of hammering.