Top Ten Internet Safety Rules
Kat and Sloane’ top 10 online rules for internet safety
Author – Sloane and Katrina
10 online safety rules
- Passwords: Remember to always keep your online account id and password to yourself, except from your parent or guardian.
- Personal information: Never give out personal information online – like your phone number; your parent’s number; address; social insurance/social security number; name or location of your school or your password.
- Be careful what you post -Think about what you write in chat rooms, emails and instant messages. Nothing online is completely private. If you send personal information, provocative photos or intimate details to your friends, remember that even friends can use this against you or cause problems later on.
- Online Only -Never agree to meet an ‘online’ friend in person. This person might not be who you think they are and wish you harm. Even if they say they are a kid, seem nice or friendly, there are bad adults that act as kids.
Author – Word Press
Kids Rules for Online safety
- Be a good online citizen - don’t do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
- Watch out - I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable.
- Checking - I will check with a parent; guardian; or teacher before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer.
Top Ten Internet Safety Tips – Ensuring online Safety for You Family
Author – Net Nanny
Top Ten Internet Safety Tips
- Install an Internet filter or family safety software - Family safety software is becoming extremely advanced and an effective way to filter dangerous content.
- Keep computers out of bedrooms and in open areas - With PCs in the open, children will be less inclined to view and access material that may not be acceptable.
- Get parent al content- In many cases, a site must obtain parental consent before collecting, using or disclosing personal information about a child.
These 10 online safety rules are great ways to stay safe online. like strangers/stalker don't get things such as passwords,and other information they don't need there hands on. One other safety tip is HTTPS://. it scrambles or encrypts your information so nobody can find things of yours like passwords and birthday and anything else, and these are my rules for online safety.