Apollo God of Music/Arts
By Jack Roberts and Nick Kuharski
- Apollo is the God of many things.Such as music, art, medicine, and the sun.
- Apollo is the improvement of an Anatolian god, Anatolia.
- Apollo had a son named Asclepius who was also a healer.
- He is the healer of all.
- If Apollo's people would make him angry and wouldn't pray to him he would send a disease or plague until the high priests praised him and worshipped him more often.
- Apollo can also bring plagues and illness with his bow and arrows.
- He became the patron protector of herds and flocks.
- Hermes created a lyre for him to play.
- Apollo's name means "To destroy"
- Apollo has many symbols which are: A lyre, navel stone, laurel tree, and the tripod.
- There were many temples built for Apollo in Greece, they showed the evolution of Greek architecture.
- Apollo's main female lover was Daphne who was a nymph, daughter of the river god, Potamoi.
- Navel stone marks the center of the world according to Greek mythology.
(Only Watch Video For Two Minutes.)