Solution Types and Properities
Shameka Mann,Kirby Hill,Arnisha Hedgepeth
What is a solution?
A solution is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances in a single phase
What is solubility?
Solubility is a physical property in which a solvent and solute form a solution.
There are four types of solutions.
1. Solid solution: Mixture of solids
2. Liquid solution: One liquid dissolves another liquid.
3. Gaseous solution: mixture of gases.
4. Aqueous solutions: solutes (solid, liquid or gas) dissolved water
An electrolyte is a solute that conducts electricity when dissolved in water. Solutions are electrolytic because they contain ions, which carry electric charges in the solution.
1. True or False? A solute is the substance that is doing the dissolving.
2. What would be an example of a solution?
c. Soft drinks
d. Both b and c
3. What are the four types of solutions
a. Liquid, gas, solid, aqueous
b. Gas, solid, alloy, solute
c. Solid, duct tape, gas, liquid
d. Solid, liquid, electrolyte, gas
4. What is a solution?
a. Duct tape
b. Two or more substances in a single phase
c. The answer to a problem
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
5. What is an electrolyte?
a. Found in Gatorade
b. A sugar in the human body
c. A solute that conducts electricity when dissolved in water
d.Makes electricity lighter